With vast expertise in engineering and network deployment, FWG is known as an expert in providing turn-key network engineering solutions to the government to meet various standards such as APCO P25 and other federal government mandates. Our firm’s engineering expertise are in the areas of Land Mobile Radio (LMR), Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and Wireless Solutions. We have designed, deployed, integrated and managed major mission-critical networks and infrastructure projects within the DoD and Civilian agencies.
Tier 1 Helpdesk:
- Answer basic operational questions, and help customers stay up and running.
- Describe feature uses scenarios, as well as direct customers to additional sources of information on products and services. (e.g. online tutorials, product manual, webinars etc.).
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Escalate issues to Tier 2 as needed, as well as set customer expectations of Tier 2 follow-up group.
- When escalating a service ticket to Tier 2, Tier 1 tech should provide all information needed for Tier 2 tech to start service call before contacting customer.
Tier 2 Helpdesk:
- Implement higher levels of troubleshooting by interacting with the customer directly.
- Interact with other departments within the organization as needed to resolve the issue.
- Periodic updates to customer with regards to ticket status
- Analyze, triage and report problems or issues to the product management group so that they can be addressed in future releases.
- Share best practices with organization, team members and the Tier 1 helpdesk in order to expand the range of issues Tier 1 technician can resolve.
As Motorola Certified Partner, FWG Solutions is capable of supporting Enterprise Land Mobile Radio (ELMR) applications that support campus-based radio communications. FWG Solutions provides an end-to-end solution that includes equipment procurement, tools, fiber optic and copper cabling installation, power line and utility pole mounting, control center equipment, software, labor, and supervisory management to accomplish your work scope.
FWG Solutions can also provide Enterprise Land Mobile Radio applications that provide:
- Immediate and Assured Voice that provide rapid response upon push-to-talk button radio button activation. Superior call processing ensures a user’s words are clearly captured and delivered to the intended recipients.
- IP Flexibility and Dependability that allows both voice and data over a common IP-based network and provides optimal mission critical message delivery.
- System Flexibility and Customization that can separately configure channels or users to the unique characteristics of your environment, and protect the sensitive data of those who share the communications system.
- Standards-based Project 25 Compliant Technology Platform that are designed to support upgrades and expansions by leveraging standards-based hardware, consistent processes, and existing end-user training.
- Interoperability that communicates seamlessly with other users who operate P25 compliant systems and other P25 vendors that may use different frequencies, analog, digital, conventional or trunked.
- End-to-End Encryption Encryption that protects critical information with voice and data encryption that uses more efficient methods to store, generate, and transmit your encrypted material.
In today’s state of threat awareness, reliable and secure communications systems are essential to any wide-area campus to assure that during an emergency or other significant events that may require the mass dissemination of critical information, the “message” reaches all impacted parties. FWG Solutions has a proven capability in the replacement of legacy Giant Voice campus communications systems that are inadequate to support future digital communications needs with state of the art Giant Voice systems.
The flexibility of the Distributed Antenna System (DAS) and its ability to break down the coverage challenges into sectors provides both capacity and coverage solutions enhancements for clients. DAS seamlessly channels mobile operators’ networks into buildings and other inherently difficult locations. Over a fiber optic cabling infrastructure the DAS brings the signaling to the interior of the building and caters to every major wireless technology including (GSM) which uses a variation of Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) and is the most widely used of the three digital wireless telephony technologies. (CDMA) is a form of multiplexing, which allows numerous signals to occupy a single transmission channel. This optimizes the use of available bandwidth. This technology is used in UHF cell phone systems in the 800Mhz and 1.9Ghz bands. (LTE) Long Term Evolution cell service along with (LMR) Land Mobile Radio signaling of either (C4FM) Continuous 4 level FM or CQPSK Compatible Differential Offset Quadrature Phase Shift Keying can also be fed into the DAS. FWG Solutions has all your DAS and LMR needs covered. As a solutions integrator, we have been a trusted partner to clients and have helped design, deploy and manage major DAS initiatives throughout the country.
At its simplest, a DAS addresses effective single propagation by making the big challenge of indoor coverage no more daunting than a series of small challenges. Addressing each one specifically within its ‘sector’ passes the challenges up the line in progressive stages, from localized (remote) optical units (repeaters) through to head-ends (the optical master units which convert signals from RF to light in a fiber fed repeater system), through to the base station (the base transceiver station, referred to as BTS). The BTS can be inside the building, at a base station ‘hotel’, or externally located up to several kilometers away. Another option is to feed the DAS through an off-air digital repeater. The systems now also extends to provide IP backhaul infrastructure for other devices needing IP backhaul support, including, for example, small cells or devices such as the surveillance cameras installed in many public venues.